TURN MAYBACH INTO SUB-BRAND MERCEDES
Daimler was faced with two options: either axe the brand entirely, or work with another carmaker, preferably Aston Martin, to share the development and manufacturing costs to the successors of to its not-so-well received uber-sedans. It seems that a third option is on the table: that Maybach will become a sub-brand of Mercedes-Benz.
Which is responsible for the sportiest versions of Mercedes’ models, the Maybach label may be applied to the more luxurious versions of the brand’s premium models such as the S-Class, the CL and the GL.
2012 FERRARI FF BLUE
2012 Ferrari FF Blue fitted with Ferrari’s first direct injection V12 which and is the first V12 coupled with the seven-speed Dual Clutch gearbox. The new engine punches out 660 hp at 8,000 rpm and delivers maximum torque of 683 Nm at 6,000 rpm, 500 Nm of which are available at 1,000 rpm.
The Ferrari FF Blue boasts the blistering performance of an extreme sports car too: 0-100 kmh acceleration in 3.7 seconds and a top speed of 335 kmh. It also delivers excellent results in terms of efficiency with fuel consumption cut to just 15.4 litres per 100 km and CO2 emissions to 360 g/km, a 25% reduction on the previous V12s. These achievements come in part thanks to the HELE (High Emotions-Low Emissions) system which also incorporates Stop&Start technology.
2012 Ferrari FF Blue intelligently distributes torque to each of the four wheels individually, thanks to the fact that all of the dynamic vehicle controls (E-Diff, F1-Trac and PTU) have been integrated into a single CPU.
Ferrari FF TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- Type: 65° V12
- Total displacement: 6262 cc
- Bore/stroke: 94 mm x 75,2 mm
- Maximum power: 660 CV @ 8000 rpm
- Maximum torque: 683 Nm @ 6000 rpm
- Specific power: 77 kW/litre – 105 CV/litre
- Maximum revs: 8000 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12,3:1
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT
Length: 4907 mm
Width: 1953 mm
Height: 1379 mm
- Wheelbase: 2990 mm
- Front track: 1676 mm
- Rear track: 1660 mm
- Dry weight: 1790 kg
- Kerb weight: 1880 kg
- Weight distribution: 47% front, 53% rear
- Boot volume: 450 litres
- Fuel tank capacity: 91 litres
WHEELS AND TYRES
- Front: 245/35 ZR 20 8,5 J x 20?
- Rear: 295/35 ZR 20 10,5 J x 20?
- Rear (winter tyres): 285/35 ZR20 10,5 J x 20?
- Front: 398 mm x 38 mm
- Wheel: 360 mm x 32 mm
- TRANSMISSION AND GEARBOX
- 4RM (four-wheel drive) and 7-speed dual-clutch transmission
- 4RM control (full integration of all controls: F1-Trac, E-Diff and PTU); ABS/EBD; ESC
- Top speed: 335 km/h
- 0-100 km/h: 3,7 sec
- 0-200 km/h: 11 sec
- 100-0 km/h: 35 m
- Weight/power ratio: 2,7 kg/CV
- Consumption and emissions (ECE + EUDC combined cycle)
- Consumption: 15,4 l/100 km
- CO2 emissions: 360 gr/km