Modified Audi A5 @ S5 B8 family coded as 8T is from a 2 doors coupe and 4 doors sportback car which has a 2.0 tfsi up to 3.0 tfsi turbo engine that delivers from 208-329hp & 350-400nm torque that bring this car from 0-100kmh in below 6.5 seconds with its dual clutch transmission.
Audi A5 weight at 1500kg has a width of 1854mm & has bootspace of 480 liters is practical enough for a family of 5 people to travel in comfort & fun.
In Malaysia, we have 2 famous version of Audi A5 @ S5 that is coupe 2 doors & sportback 4 doors. The current price for a 5 years old Audi A5 sportback still above RM100k+ but if you have cash in hand & want to buy a 10 years older, RM60k is what you need for the purchase.
5 good things about Audi A5
- 1) The looks. Coupe and sportback design from Audi is a masterpiece. Very evergreen design no matter the 1st gen B8 8T or the facelifted version.
- 2) The space. It has enough space for a family especially the sportback version with a lot of bootspace for longer item.
- 3) The performance. Either 2.0 tfsi A5 or 3.0 tfsi S5, you will not disappointed. Power delivery is instant & awesome every time.
- 4) Comfort. Very comfortable for long journey in a sporty looking german car. Quite cabin & brilliant suspension setup
- 5) Interior build quality is great. Soft touch on most panels & not easily deteriorated by time.
5 dislike about Audi A5
- 1) The engine oil consumption issue for model before 2012. Need to spend around RM10k for overhaul to resolve the issue.
- 2) Overall maintenance is a bit pricey when something broke. But if the previous owner takes care very well, you will be a lucky new owner.
- 3) Outdated interior design. Especially the center console & dashboard design. Audi stays too long with this kind of design on most of B8 generation.
- 4) Outdated multimedia infotainment system (Audi MMI). Old looking screen & unfriendly multimedia option is a really bad thing for this kind of car. However u can upgrade to android multimedia touch screen with a cost of few thousand RM that gives you better looks & entertainment.
- 5) Seat design is too simple for a sporty looking car. Diamond leather stitching at least is what should be wrapping the seat for a better looking interior. Cost to get a new leather seat will be from RM2k.
Images shown here are the modified Audi A5 with S5 bodykit skirting bumper & wheels. Looks very good eventhough it is the 1st gen. The blue colour suits well with the audi A5 sportback. If you have some extra money, you can convert it to the better looking A5 facelift front bumper, grille & headlight.
Overall, we love this car so much! If you afford to buy & have extra RM15k in hand for 1st year maintenance & upgrades, go ahead & straight buy the A5 sportback 2.0 quattro!