Driving in a long distance journey needs some good preparation for you and your car. This is to maintain safety and comfort of all passenger. Below are some of the tips. Maybe you can share what usually you do to prepare for drive in a long distance. Or any tips to keep you fresh and have a better journey
LONG DISTANCE JOURNEY CHECK LIST – IMPORTANT TIPS
1) Make sure all tyre pressure correct. Top up air if not enough pressure at the nearest pump station.
2) Correct balancing of your tyres are important for you to drive without steering shaking and vibration. This will gives maximum comfort and fuel efficiency. On wheel run balancing is better than machine balancing.
3) Check all signals and lights for proper function. This will include left and right signal, head lamp, tail lamp and hazard light.
4) Check windscreen washer water quantity. If possible, use Rain repellent on your windscreen to have optimum visibility during raining.
5) Check radiator coolant quantity to prevent engine overheat due to not enough coolant fluid.
6) Get enough rest and sleep.
7) Fill up full tank of fuel before you start the journey.
8) Get chewing gum and chew it when you feel sleepy.
9) Bring necessary items for your comfort and safety like extra apparel, towel, emergency car kit and any medicine
Hope this simple checklist will help you in planning a safe long journey trip.
Any additional point? Kindly share here. =)