Most people do not enjoy buying a car. A survey conducted by CNN revealed that 75% of people would rather visit a dentist than face visiting a car dealership. It’s not that people don’t want a car – it’s just that there are so many pitfalls to negotiate and not everyone can be sure of the right steps to take. Here are a some tips when you want to buy a new car to keep in mind to make the process easier.
1. Ask questions, lots of questions. Try to ask sensible questions that will enable you to base your decisions on solid ground. But don’t be afraid to just ask and only stop when all your concerns have been properly addressed.
2. Do not let emotion drive you. Pretty cars with all the bells and whistles can blind you to the truth. More often than not you will end up paying more than you need to if you buy with emotion. Be impartial and see the car for what it is and not what you may have fallen in love with.
3. Know exactly what you want before you put a single foot inside the dealership door. An open mind can be easily manipulated, and usually not in your favor. Use brochures, etc, beforehand to determine exactly what you want within your budget, and don’t be swayed by smooth talk.
4. Talk to the dealer about the price and not the payments. Dealers who keep referring to the “easy” payments could be avoiding the issue of overall price, and you need to know why. Do your homework and you will know exactly what price fits into a payment plan to fit your budget for your budget car. But if you focus on payment, you may end up paying more than you bargained for.
5. Know when the time has come to make a decision. That decision could be to walk away, or it could be to close the deal. You should constantly monitor how you feel about the offer being made to you. If it all feels right, then stay with it and see it through. But if you get even just a tiny twinge of something not quite right, be prepared to walk away.
6. To fit with the new and modern life, an extra important step must be made for you to buy a new car. You must carefully make a survey and read all the reviews of car that you want to buy. Check for its quality and performance. Preferebly, dont buy first edition car to avoid being a test consumer. Meaning that you must wait for few month after the launch of the new car and read the review before buying.
7. Instead of making research online about car, ask your friends, family or anybody for their opinion if you want to buy that car. This will help you judge which one suits you better but bear in mind, not all opinion can be considered as the good one.
Buying a car is not always easy. It’s not something most of us do very often and we all want to make the best use of our money. But with sensible and careful planning, and an awareness of the five points above, you can buy the exact right car for you at the exact right price for you.