2012 HYUNDAI GENESIS
Hyundai entered new grounds at the Chicago Auto Show with the unveiling facelifted Genesis sedan that gets a new sporty variant for the for the 2012 model year. The sportiest member of the Genesis family receives some very subtle styling cues such as the unique headlights with dark chrome inserts, specific alloy wheel designs and the black R-Spec embroidered floor mats.
The Genesis R-Spec will be offered only in three exterior colors: Black Noir, Titanium Gray, and Platinum Metallic, each with Black leather interior and an all-black leather steering wheel.
The new 2012 Genesis sedan include refinements to the 3.8 and 4.6 model suspension damping calibrations, and the fitment of larger brakes, plus some modest styling revisions to the headlamps that gain LED accents and daytime running lights, front grille, bumpers, tail lamps, and exhaust tips.
For 2012, Hyundai Genesis offer model sports the R-Spec moniker and comes with a new 5.0-liter direct injection V8 engine pushing out 429 horsepower at 6,400 rpm and 376 lb. ft. of torque at 5,000 rpm, which makes it the company’s most powerful series production model ever. The V8 is mated to Hyundai’s all-new eight-speed automatic transmission. While the Koreans did not release acceleration figures, Hyundai did say the car’s fuel economy is estimated at 16 mpg city and 25 mpg highway.
The Genesis R-Spec also boasts a more aggressive chassis tuning with larger stabilizer bars, suspension tweaks, larger brakes and a different steering calibration, plus 19-inch wheels that can be fitted optionally with Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 summer performance tires.
2012 Hyundai Genesis Highlights
* New 5.0-liter R-Spec Direct Injection V8 performance flagship model added
- Most powerful Hyundai engine ever with 429 horsepower
- Unique 19-inch alloy wheel design with premium machined finish
- Dark chrome headlamp inserts
- Unique R-Spec sport transmission, suspension and steering calibrations
* Direct injection technology added to Lambda 3.8-liter V6 engine for 15 percent improved output (333 HP), improved fuel economy and emissions
* In-house-developed eight-speed automatic transmissions for all engines
* More aggressive grille and front fascia design
* New headlight design with LED accents and daytime running lights
* Sportier rocker panel design
* Folding mirrors with integrated puddle lamps
* New, brushed aluminum finish window surround
* Redesigned rear taillights
* Redesigned rear fascia with integrated dual asymmetrical exhaust tips
* New 17-inch alloy wheel design (3.8 model)
* New interior woodgrain colors for Black, Beige and Saddle leather interiors
* New Twilight Blue Pearl exterior color (replaces Sapphire Blue Pearl)
2011 DODGE DURANGO RT
After 2011 Dodge Durango, now Dodge is offering a Durango R/T model for 2011 that is ready to be winded through the turns with unexpected driving dynamics. R/T model will arrive in U.S. dealer showrooms in Spring 2011, the R/T model will appeal mainly to customers who have driven a performance sedan, but need the flexibility and functionality of a minivan and are looking for a vehicle with superior handling and agility. The R/T is where extreme versatility meets performance and attitude.
This performance version features a unique suspension tuning, load-leveling rear shocks, performance steering for improved response, a tuned exhaust system, 20-inch wheels with all-season performance tires (also available are three-season high-performance tires for even greater grip and response), 20 mm lower ride height and a modern sports interior that holds you in your seat, all of which add another level of dynamic
The Dodge Durango R/T’s exterior features a unique fascia with fog lamps, a body-color grille surround with black texture and xenon high-intensity discharge (HID) headlamps. For a more monochromatic appearance, the R/T model also is equipped with a color-matched body kit, wheel lips, light bar and rear fascia with integrated dual chrome exhaust outlets. Additionally, the Durango R/T offers an exclusive “Redline Red” exterior paint color.
While on interior is equipped with more features, there includes digital suede seats for seven passengers and “R/T” embroidered sport front seats with red stitching accents on seats; console lid and door trim armrests. The power driver seat features four-way lumbar adjustment. Owners will grip a leather wrap steering wheel and shift knob. Also, R/T owners will enjoy a 506-watt Alpine audio system with 10 speakers, including a subwoofer. Additional electronics include a 30 GB hard drive radio, remote start, power lift gate, Uconnect® with Voice Command and passive entry with push button start. Available features include leather seats, Blind-spot Monitoring, adaptive cruise control, Forward Collision Warning and navigation.