There’s less than a month until the 2009 Geneva Motor Show. It’s one of the biggest auto shows of the year and this year the 79th Geneva International Motor Show will host 85 world and European debuts, organisers claim.
A woman dressed in red forming the shape of a heart with her hands is the central theme of the 2009 Geneva Motorshow‘s official poster that will be used for communication purposes to promote the 2009 Geneva Motorshow.
According to the organizers, the color red expresses passion in the world of automobiles while the heart represents the attraction visitors feel for the show.
For the second time, the agency Polyconsult from Bern has won the annual competition to create the official poster for the Show. They describe the idea behind the creation of this poster as follows:
“For many people, an automobile is now much more than a means of transportation.
It has become a loyal friend who accompanies us daily and to whom we grow attached over time.
Therefore, for many a visit to the Geneva Motor Show can mark the beginning of a new love affair – and possibly love at first sight!
The 2009 poster pursues this idea and illustrates the emotional attachment between car and driver, a sentiment that has not changed even in the era of the iPhone and the Internet”
As automakers rush to green their lineups, Geneva will also see more than its share of vehicles with various technologies on board designed to emit lower emissions, save gas and otherwise push the envelope of the future of propulsion. Some tech is close, some not so much, but auto shows are as much about the future of transportation as the present — and the future has a green sheen to it.
2009 Geneva Motor Show Plan
Below are some cars that will appear at the 2009 Geneva motor show.
• Alfa Romeo Mito GTA concept
• Audi A4 Allroad and TT RS
• Bentley biofuel Continental GT
• BMW Concept 5-series Gran Turismo
• Chevrolet Spark
• Citroen DS Inside concept
• Fiat 500C convertible
• Honda Insight hybrid car
• Hyundai ix-onic concept
• Infiniti Essence concept
• Jaguar XFR and XKR
• Kia mini-MPV concept
• Lexus RX450h hybrid SUV
• Maybach 57 and 62 Zeppelin
• Mazda 3 MPS
• Mercedes E-class saloon and E-class Coupe
• Mini John Cooper Works Convertible
• Mitsubishi i MiEV Sport Air
• Nissan Qazana
• Opel Ampera
• Peugeot 3008
• Porsche 911 GT3 and Cayenne diesel
• Renaultsport Megane and Scenic and facelifted Clio
• Rinspeed iChange
• Rolls-Royce EX200 concept
• Saab 9-3X
• Seat Exeo ST and Leon and Altea facelifts
• Skoda Yeti and Octavia Greenline and Fabia Scout
• Toyota Prius
• VW Polo
Some Car Models For the 2009 Geneva Motor Show
GENEVA, 79th INTERNATIONAL MOTOR SHOW (2009)
Event DateMarch 3, 2009 to March 15, 2009
Press days 3 – 4 March
Open to public 5 – 15 March
Passenger cars, bodywork, parts, accessories, garage equipment,publications, associations
Opening times:Monday – Friday 10 am to 8 pmSaturday – Sunday 9 am to 7 pm
SECTIONS OF THE SHOW
1. Motor cars 3 or 4 or more wheels
2. Electric cars and alternative powered cars
3. Special bodywork for motor cars, design, engineering
4. Converted cars (tuners)
5. Accessories and parts for motor cars
6. OEM : original equipment manufacturers
7. Workshop installations for the repair and maintenance of motor cars8. Miscellaneous products and services related to the car industry9. Animation / Attractions
Comité Permanent du Salon International de l’Automobile
Case Postale 112
CH 1218 GRAND-SACONNEX
Tel: + 41 22 761 11 11
Fax: + 41 22 798 01 00
E-mail: [email protected]
Web site: www.salon-auto.ch
PALEXPOCase Postale 112
CH 1218 GRAND-SACONNEX