Volvo has launched a new application to help drivers stay in touch with their cars remotely via an iPhone or Android smart phone.This means that Volvo Cars introduces the most comprehensive and broadly available application in Europe when it comes to controlling and monitoring the car from anywhere at anytime.Read the full news from Bernama below.
VOLVO INTRODUCES MOBILE APPLICATION INTO SMART PHONE
KUALA LUMPUR, June 7 — Volvo Car Corporation has introduced a mobile application that ensures the driver can stay in touch with the parked car via an iPhone or Android smart phone.
“Creating an intuitive and ergonomically optimised driver’s environment is part of our aim to offer a feeling of relaxed control,” said President and Chief Executive Officer of Volvo Car Corporation, Stefan Jacoby in statement on Tuesday.
The mobile application is an extension of Volvo On Call, that originally focused on direct access to a call centre, of an accident or other emergency.
Among the features of the mobile application is a car locator, where the location of the vehicle is shown on a map.
The mobile application is also another step in Volvo cars quest to provide Volvo owners with a superior range of connectivity possibilities both in the car and when it is parked.
It is also free and can be downloaded via the iPhone and Android application stores.
Volvo cars has taken appropriate steps to protect the user’s privacy and security of the system.
The Volvo mobile application:
• Car locator. The location of the car is shown on a map. There is also a digital compass that points the driver in the right direction. If necessary, the car horn and indicators can be activated to facilitate the search.
• Remote door lock. The status of all doors and windows is displayed – and the driver can lock and unlock the car with a push on the touch screen.
• Remote heater start. If the car is equipped with a parking heater, it can be started or timer programmed via the mobile app.
• Vehicle dashboard. This feature gives the driver access to a wide range of information: fuel level, remaining range to empty tank, average fuel consumption, average speed, odometer reading and trip meter reading.
• Car check. The mobile app performs a “health” check of the car, displaying information about bulbs, break fluid level, coolant level, engine oil level and engine oil pressure.
• Driving journal. Detailed data of each trip during the last 40 days can be downloaded and stored. There is also a possibility to extract the data as an Excel file – a perfect feature for company car owners.
• Vehicle information. Basic car data such as model, registration number and VIN number are stored and can be displayed.
• Theft notification. If the car alarm is triggered, the driver is alerted via the mobile app.
• This new Volvo On Call generation still includes all the safety and security aspects that are part of the first generation.