Mpv has been a hit in the market now. More and more and more people prefer to buy an MPV rather than buying a four door sedan.And to cope for this automaker had introduce more and more MPV in the Market. Now there is a another newcomer from Peugeot, the Peugeot 5008.
The 5008 is based on the Peugeot 3008 crossover to compete against the VW Touran, Renault Scenic and the Opel Zafira. The 5008 will be able to accommodate seven passengers in three rows of seats (2+3+2) featuring all the usual nick-knacks you expect to see on a French minivan.The 5008 also offers a total cargo volume of 2506 liters with the last two rows of seats down. Even as a 5-seater, trunk space is a respectable 823 liters.
Under the hood is the standard array of engines for Peugeot models of this size, which is not to say that they’re not any good. The 1.6 liter turbocharged petrol / gasoline comes in two variants, with either 120 bhp or 150 bhp in power output.
But what will likely be the more attractive options for customers are the 4 diesels available here with loads of kids-and-cargo-hauling torque optimal. Two light-sipping 1.6 liter HDi variants along with a couple of 2.0 liter HDi’s each with 150 and 163 bhp, respectively.
Inside, the 5008’s dashboard design is almost identical to that of the 3008 crossover, which is not surprising as the cars belong to the 308 family sharing the same underpinnings. Of course the name of the game here is practicality. Aside from the modular seats, the 5008 honors its French genes with numerous visible and hidden storage areas including one under the under the steering wheel and a ‘ventilated’ unit in the lower part of the center console that can hold (and chill) two half-liter bottles. There’s also 60 liters of storage space available in the five seat version under the rear load area carpet.
Engine Specification and Fuel Consumption
Two petrol engines will be available at the time of launch:
* 1.6 litre VTi 120 bhp BVM5 Euro 5 -7.3 litres/100 km and 169 g/km CO2 in the combined cycle
* 1.6 litre VTi 156 bhp BVM5 Euro 5 -7.1 litres/100 km and 167 g/km CO2 in the combined cycle
Four diesel engines will be available:
* 1.6 litre HDi FAP 110 bhp BVM6 – 5.4 litres/100 km and 143 g/km CO2 in the combined cycle
* 1.6 litre HDi FAP 110 bhp BMP6 5.2 litres/100 km and 135 g/km CO2 in the combined cycle
* 2.0 litre HDi FAP 150 bhp BVM6 Euro 5- 5.8 litres/100 km and 151 g/km CO2 in the combined cycle
* 2.0 litre HDi FAP 163 bhp BVA6 Euro 5- 6.8 litres/100 km and 178 g/km CO2 in the combined cycle
The 5008 will be on display at the Frankfurt motor show in September and is slated to go on sale just afterwards in the fall of 2009.