Even though fuel efficiency isn’t the first thing on a buyer’s mind when purchasing a high performance sports car, these days with the skyrocketing costs of oil and energy conservation regulations, more sports cars are being made to operate on less fuel. Even though there are others cars on the market, we put together a list of some of the more popular and highly rated sports cars that rank high with fuel efficiency.
1) 2010 BMW 128 i: MPG-18 city/28 highway (starting at $30,000/RM96,135)
The Germans are considered superior in the sports car department and that still continues to be true with the 2010 BMW 128 i. A bit expensive for a sedan, the superior performance and excellent gas mileage puts this car on the list for Top Ten Most Fuel Efficient Sports Cars.
2) 2010 Mercedes-Benz SLK300: MPG-19 city/26 highway (starting at $42,000/RM134,589)
Offering superior performance and great looks as expected is the 2010 Mercedes-Benz SLK300. Even with 228 horse power decent fuel economy can be had with this beautiful car.
3) 2010 Porsche 911 Carrera: MPG-19 city/27 highway (starting at $75,000/RM240,338)
The iconic teardrop shaped 2010 Porsche 911 Carrera still carries the same appeal that it always has. This fast sports car even has a place on the Top Ten List for fuel efficient cars with its progressive design and fine lines.
4) 2010 Porsche Cayman: MPG: 20 city/29 highway (starting at $60,000/RM192,270)
For 2010, the Porsche Cayman was updated with 20 more horsepower but still maintains great fuel efficiency. Offering superior handling and driving performance, the Cayman is sure to provide some of the most memorable driving experiences that any car can offer.
5) 2010 Mitsubishi Eclipse: MPG: 20 city/28 highway (starting at $20,000/RM64,090)
One of the more affordable sports cars on this list is the Mitsubishi Eclipse. The sporty looks of this car are sure to turn heads when driving around town and you will also feel good knowing you’re saving some gas with 20 miles to the gallon.
6) 2010 Porsche Boxster: MPG: 20 city/29 highway (starting at $47,000/RM150,611)
This sporty two seat convertible offers a fun ride while saving money on fuel. With a compact ride, excellent handling, and superior comfort, the 2010 Porsche Boxster is sure to impress.
7) 2010 Audi TT Roadster: MPG: 21 city/29 highway (starting at $40,800/RM130,743)
The Audi TT Roadster is a compact sports car offering superior handling and extreme comfort while dominating the roads offering one of the most memorable rides of any car on the market.
8 ) 2010 Pontiac G6: MPG-22 city/30 highway (starting at $21,000/RM67,294)
The 2010 Pontiac G6 is one of the more affordable cars on this list with its sporty looks and high fuel efficiency. Never sacrificing quality and performance, Pontiac comes through with a new look and many options to fit your needs with the G6.
9) 2010 Mazda MX-5 Miata: MPG: 22 city/28 highway (starting at $23,000/RM73,703)
The Mazda MX-5 is a relatively small sports car that packs a punch. Now in its 20th year, the Mazda can be purchased with a soft top or power retractable hard top so you can enjoy that fresh air while taking this car for a spin.
10) 2010 Audi A5 Cabriolet: MPG: 23 city/30 highway (starting at $42,000/RM134,589)
The Audi A5 has been rated by some experts as being the most beautiful 2-door car on the market. The progressive design and high performance engine are sure to get you where you need to go while saving a little fuel in the process.