2010 Subaru Outback gives more space, comfort, stability and has nicer exterior. Here are some specifications of Subaru Outback 2010 with the “half cut” picture of naked Subaru Outback which shows the Subaru Boxer engine cut out and the interior of outback clearly. Pictures and video snapped at 2010 Geneva Motorshow by KDI editor.
2010 SUBARU OUTBACK HALF NAKED PICTURE & SPECS
2010 Subaru Outback is much bigger in nearly every dimension. While it may not look that much larger in pictures, park it next to a conventional car or wagon and you’ll immediately notice the difference. The Outback is now quite similar to the Toyota Venza, which also bridges the gap between crossover and wagon. Not only does this provide a more visual distinction from traditionally uncool wagons, but it also provides a significant improvement in rear seat space (4 additional inches of legroom) and cargo capacity. Even bigger stuff can be strapped to the roof using the standard, adjustable roof rails that easily swing inward to serve double-duty as cross rails. It’s a nifty feature that cuts down on the wind noise and air drag that go along with fixed cross rails.
The all-new Outback features a fairly broad list of transmission and engine choices, one of which is capable of up to 29 mpg on the highway when equipped with the base engine and optional CVT transmission. That model averages 22 mpg in the city, while the six-speed manual Outback 2.5i is rated at 19/27 mpg. For those with a heavier foot, the 6-cylinder 3.6R with its standard five-speed automatic is rated at 18/25 mpg.
The Outback shares a lot with the Legacy, but a 2.8-inch longer wheelbase helps with stability and ride quality while adding an extra four inches to the rear legroom. The Outback grows two inches in width, as well.
Ground clearance is up to 8.7 inches for this soft-roader. Subaru’s Symmetrical All-Wheel-Drive is standard across the line, though each of the engine options features a specially-tailored AWD configuration.
The 2.5i models are powered by a 170-horsepower 2.5-liter four-cylinder boxer mated to a six-speed manual or an optional “Lineartronic” CVT transmission. Subaru says fuel economy and acceleration are up with either transmission. The CVT is standard on the Limited, optional otherwise.
Base 2.5i models will come with 16-inch steel wheels; 17-inch alloy wheels will be standard otherwise.
Manual transmission 2.5i models feature a permanent all-wheel-drive system that employs a viscous-coupling locking center differential. CVT 2.5i models have an active all-wheel-drive system with an electronically managed continuously variable hydraulic transfer clutch to send power to the rear wheels.
Six-cylinder Outbacks get a planetary gear-type center differential with an electronically controlled continuously variable hydraulic clutch that offers the fastest transfer of power between front and rear. Stability control is standard across the lineup.
Standard roof rails on all models feature crossbars that swing into position when needed to alleviate wind noise and to improve aerodynamics.
2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Wagon Interior Standard Features
- 12v power outlet: cargo and front
- Air conditioning
- Element antenna
- Anti-theft protection
- Audio system with AM/FM and CD player CD player reads MP3
- Automatic drive indicator on dashboard
- Cargo area light
- Cargo capacity: rear seat down (cu ft): 71.3 and all seats in place (cu ft): 34.3
- Computer with average fuel consumption, instantaneous fuel consumption and range for remaining fuel
- Floor and overhead console
- Delayed/fade courtesy lights
- Cruise control
- Front seats and rear seats cup holders
- Door ajar warning
- Door pockets/bins for driver seat and passenger seat
- External temperature
- Floor mats
- Driver front airbag with multi-stage deployment, passenger front airbag with occupant sensors and multi-stage deployment
- Bucket driver seat with height adjustment manual, bucket passenger seat
- Height adjustable 3-point reel front seat belts on driver seat and passenger seat with pre-tensioners
- Front seat center armrest
- Two height adjustable head restraints on front seats, three height adjustable head restraints on rear seats
- Headlight control with dusk sensor
- Illuminated entry system
- Internal dimensions: front headroom (inches): 40.8, rear headroom (inches): 39.3, front hip room (inches): 54.5, rear hip room (inches): 53.9, front leg room (inches): 43.0, rear leg room (inches): 37.8, front shoulder room (inches): 56.3, rear shoulder room (inches): 56.1 and interior volume (cu ft): 105.4
- Low tire pressure indicator
- Remote power locks includes trunk/hatch
- Power steering
- Front power windows with one one-touch, rear power windows
- Front reading lights
- 3-point reel rear seat belts on driver side, passenger side and center side
- Rear seat center armrest
- Three asymmetrical bench front facing reclining rear seats with zero adjustments manual
- Rear view mirror
- Steering wheel mounted remote audio controls
- Front and rear side curtain airbag
- Cloth seat upholstery with additional cloth
- Seating: five seats
- Front side airbag
- Four speaker(s)
- Plastic steering wheel with tilt adjustment and telescopic adjustment
- Illuminated driver and passenger vanity mirror
- Ventilation system with micro filter